Instructor communication is critical in an online course. You can interact with your students individually or as a group. Communication guides the learning process and keeps students on track. You can create a welcoming environment and use a variety of online course tools to facilitate online communication.
- Recognize the importance of instructor communication with students in an online course.
- Identify appropriate communication tools for various kinds of course information.
- Design instructor communication strategies for an online course.
LISTEN TO THEIR EXPERIENCES
- Ten Best Practices for Teaching Online: Quick Guide for New Online Faculty: https://www.designingforlearning.info/services/writing/ecoach/tenbest.html
- Hutchins, H. (2003). Instructional immediacy and the seven principles: Strategies for facilitating online courses. Online Journal of Distance Learning Administration, 6(3): https://www.westga.edu/~distance/ojdla/fall63/hutchins63.html