Communication between students and the instructor is key to maintaining student engagement. As you instruct in an online course, the communication strategies and course design are the main factors that impact student engagement and success. Making your presentations interactive, linking course content with real-world practice, designing assignments to meet students’ needs, and creating a positive peer learning environment can all be very helpful in keeping students engaged and actively learning in your online course.
- Identify instructional strategies that keep students engaged.
- Practice efficient communication strategies to keep students engaged.
- Design engaging online instruction and learning activities.
LISTEN TO THEIR EXPERIENCES
- Engaging online students; Faculty Focus: https://www.facultyfocus.com/tag/engaging-online-students/
- Keengwe, J., & Schnellert, G. L. (2014). Cross-cultural online learning in higher education and corporate training. IGI Global: https://my.safaribooksonline.com/book/e-learning/9781466650237