Frequent assessment opportunities allow you to check for student understanding. You can integrate formative assessments in presentations and add knowledge checks that provide formative feedback. In your discussion forum, you can require students to discuss key course concepts, and you can provide rubrics to help guide peer evaluation.
- Identify assessment opportunities in an online course.
- Design formative and summative assessments.
- Create peer-evaluated learning activities.
LISTEN TO THEIR EXPERIENCES
- Khan, S. [TED] (2011, March). Let’s use video to reinvent education [Video file]. Retrieved from https://www.ted.com/talks/salman_khan_let_s_use_video_to_reinvent_education
(Analytics comments on how to check for understanding in an online course start at about 11:00)
- Koller, D. [TED] (2012, June). What we’re learning from online education [Video file]. Retrieved from https://www.ted.com/talks/daphne_koller_what_we_re_learning_from_online_education
(Analytics comments: 10:00 – 15:00)